Monday, April 30, 2007

the youngster and presents

Last Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law came down from Columbus Ohio, and left the youngster's Christmas present at the house. It was a giftwrapped box that held an Ohio State ball cap. Little did anyone know that a month later, Ohio State would be slated to play the University of Florida for the college football championship. Christmas morning came. The youngster, Mr. Florida Gator fan, opened the box and saw the hat, and turned to me with this incredulous look on his face and his jaw on the floor. "What am I supposed to do with this? I can't wear it." Ohio State is brother-in-law's team, not the youngster's team, and they were pitted against each other.

So now it's my birthday, and I open my present from the youngster, and it's a golf shirt. It's a very nice golf shirt...nice material...probably pretty expensive. It's also bright orange with blue on the sleeves and sides, and a Gator logo. It's not my team...it's his team. If I was going to buy a golf shirt with a college logo on it, it'd be from that little main line Philly school. Now I know how he felt on Christmas. The difference is, it's a gift from my son. Even though it's not my team, I'll wear the shirt.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! 50 is good. ;)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home