Monday, April 16, 2007

common sense (or lack thereof)

First, I think it says something about my social life when I'm smiling, going into the gym Friday night, because I have the place to myself. Of course I have the place to myself. Most sane people with real lives are out doing things that preclude them from being in a gym on Friday night.

I did go though, and I did have the run of the place. Then 10 hours later I got on my bile and started riding. The goal was 30 miles, but I wondered, 2 miles in, why my thighs were already hurting. It had only been 2 miles. Then it hit me...DER! You were on bikes and treadmills 10 hours ago. That's why your legs aren't happy with you right now. Still made it though. I was all happy the first part of the trip, thinking about last week when it was so cold and windy. It was sooo much easier Saturday morning. It was cool, but I could barely feel the wind, even though I was cruising along at about 17 miles an hour. I was having a great time, even if my legs were a little sore. Then I turned around and realized...it was a whole lot easier because I was going downwind the first part of the trip. Going home was a bit rougher. Maybe I should have had a cup of common sense before that trip.

Sunday was windy as hell. I decided to go to the driving range because I hadn't been in a few weeks and my dad's coming down this week...so we'll probably play golf and I'd like to not embarass myself. Got to the range to discover the amazing wind was....at my back. I was hitting 9 irons over 150 yards (which for me is usually a 120-130 yard club). The hybrid 3 iron was going 250 and drives were bettering 300 yards. That doesn't happen in the lumberyard...ever. I was feeling a bit Bubba Watson-ish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home