Wednesday, April 25, 2007

bits o' stuff

The Parents are in Virginia, making their way north. They called around 4:30 in the afternoon, saying they reached their planned more-than-halfway point. I'm thinking, if you're there at 4:30, keep on truckin'. You could be home that night...but yeah...another admission that the folks are getting up there and the rest will probably do them good.

The draft happens this Saturday, and while I still think the Jaguars will take Reggie Nelson in the first round, provided he's available, I hope whatever they do, it makes a difference to the team. Our track record for first round draft picks in the last four years hasn't been stellar. I always say, when they never pick who I want, that they're the experts. I mean, they get paid to know who's going to be good. I get paid to be a geek. Obviously, they get paid more, because just about anyone can be a geek. You gotta know something to pick talent in the NFL. Lately...I'm not so sure that I couldn't do their job better though.

Today used to be known as Secretaries' Day. Now it's known as Administrative Professionals' Day. How's that for a piece of multi-syllabic political correctness? I'm glad we never had Garbage Men's day, because I'm not really ready for Discarded Materials Management Engineers' Day.

I'm turning 50 in 5 days. I really thought I was flying under the radar at work and wouldn't get the ugly black balloon, over the hill treatment. I thought wrong. A few of my co-workers have already let it be known that everyone who needs to know when the day is and what it means is already informed and planning. I think I see a sick day coming.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit with your parents. I used to think 50 was OOOOooold, but now I find it to be quite sexy. ;)

11:01 AM  
Blogger John said...

I dunno about old or sexy. I would really just like to treat it like a non-event...like any other day. That's what I want for my birthday, but I'm probably not going to get my wish, even if I do blow out all the candles.

But make no mistake, I am incredibly sexy. As Billy Ray Valentine once said, "I'm very sexy. People say, Billy Ray, you're so sexy, and not understand my sexuality." or something like that. It just has nothing to do with turning 50.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home