Tuesday, April 17, 2007

National Hug Your Kids Day

Anytime something insane, like the events at Virginia Tech yesterday, happens, it makes me, and parents all across this country, want to hug your kids. I can't imagine being one of the parents who got a phone call yesterday and learning that your child had been indiscriminately killed by this violently ill person. Nobody can explain the rationale behind something like that, because there is none. Nobody has the words to console, because there are none. Any attempt falls tragically short, and yet we try....and we hug our kids.

I'd like to say something enlightening...something that makes a difference...something with some insight, but I don't have any of that. I just pray for the kids who died, pray for the kids who lived through it, and all their families.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Amen to that!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home