Tuesday, April 24, 2007

back in the saddle again

The parents are on the road north even as I type.

The days with them were precious, and wonderful. Mom's doing very well, and Dad's dealing with the medication they gave him for vertigo (or not dealing, as the case may be...he said it made him very tired, so he quit taking it). We toured the area so they could see things, ate good food (some prepared by me, some by the wife, some by mom, some by restaurants), did the Catholic thing for the youngster (besides pretty much spoiling the hell outa him), played golf..where I beat my heavily medicated dad (and about where he decided the medication wasn't being much help, so I can't really count that), and basically just visited...long talks about everything going on in and out of the family.

I took them to see the new Sawgrass clubhouse, which isn't quite finished and I don't know how it will be by the tournament, but I guess it will, and points of interest in Saint Augustine. We ate traditional slavic food my mom made, that I haven't had in years, and fresh fish a la me...and just enjoyed each other's company.

Dad made numerous attempts to make me think about moving back north and I made just as many attempts to let him down easy.

The visit wasn't quite long enough, but in a way that's perfect. It didn't last long enough for us to get in each other's way, or wonder if the day was coming when we'd have our house to ourselves again. It left everyone wishing it were a bit longer, and I think that's good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home