Tuesday, May 01, 2007

more stuff

The bike training is going well. I'm up to 30 miles, but when I do 30 miles, I can really feel it into the next day, so I know I still have a long way to go. If this is any indication, the second 75 mile day will be hell if I don't step it up a bit. Right now, getting up the morning after I do 30, the last thing on my mind is doing another 30. On the better side, the original intention that began all this is starting to see results. This all began when I stepped on a scale the week after Christmas and didn't like what I saw. Then I started going to the gym. It was after that when I made this bike riding commitment, thinking, among other things, it would help in my quest to lose a few pounds. That wasn't really happening. I was working out and riding more and more but the weight wasn't going away. I consoled myself in thinking...maybe it's shifting to healthier places, and besides, I must be in better shape, and all this is for a good cause, even if I'm no lighter. Well, I stepped on a scale this weekend and yes, the weight part is starting to work for me too.

The draft - apparently I'm not the only one a bit dismayed at our passing up of Brady Quinn. It is the subject on sports talk radio today. The bad part is we got a really good guy and he's being overshadowed by the fact that we could have done better.

Next week is Players week, so I won't be blogging much. My brother and his wife are flying in from Philly, and I'm taking off from Wednesday through the weekend to watch golf with them. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home