Friday, May 04, 2007

quick hits on a Friday

I didn't watch the GOP debate thing last night. The election is a year and a half away. I'm going to like, stop liking, hate, start liking, love, stop liking all these folks more than once between now and then...except Hillary. She's still a few rungs below Britney Spears on my list of women capable of running the country. Besides, we rented Night at the Museum last night (and I'll grant you, that could have been the title of the debate as well). Got three quarters of the way through before the youngster's bedtime....so far, I like it.

What happened to the Mavericks? That was the biggest meltdown in NBA history. Well, if it wasn't, it was pretty damn close. I noted Hollywood finally discovered bay area basketball. Kate Hudson, Woody and Snoop Dogg showed up in Oakland. Must have been "roll your own doob" night at Oracle Arena. Speaking of that, I hear the Vegas over/under on Golden State Warrior starters who got blunted after last night's game currently stands at 4. How do they prove that? The NBA doesn't allow pee tests for pot. In the meantime, Dirk "MVP" Nowitski pretty much was a poster boy for every criticism of European players in the NBA. In the biggest game of his life, he played soft and pretty much gagged it away. Now in the Olymic game with their rules, the Eurpoean players kick butt.

Next week is Players week. I'll be taking the youngster on Wednesday to get autographs from all the golfers (except Tiger), and my brother and sister-in-law Thursday through Sunday to actually watch the show, part of which occurs inside the ropes.

Tomorrow continues the bike training. Since I actually lost two pounds, I've gained even more motivation and will shoot for something better than 30 miles. We'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, the guy who was going to train with me hasn't made it in a few weeks. I keep calling and getting the answering machine. I called last night to see if he wanted to ride tomorrow and got the answering machine yet again, and he never called back, yet again. I guess, sometimes when you try and try again, and beat your head against the wall and all you get is bloody, (like I read recently) it's time to move on. Still, I won't give up on him. If nothing else, it'll keep reminding him that he said he wanted to do this. Guilt can be fun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home