Saturday, June 02, 2007

rain, rain, get outa my way

A first in my training regimen....frustration, in the form of tropical storm Barry.

In the "all about me" world, today was supposed to be my first real ride on the new bike. Sure, I've ridden the thing a few times this week, but it hasn't been out on the open road for lots of miles in one stretch yet. This was supposed to be where I see the difference...where I see why I spent the big bucks...where the more comfy, lighter ride helps me go farther and faster.

Then, rain...and more rain. In the past, if I didn't ride on Saturday mornings, it was my own damn fault. We had company in town or whatever, but I controlled whether or not I went. Now, I'm rarin' to go, and it's pouring out there...and I don't do the riding thing in pouring rain.

Yes, the fact that we're in a bit of a drought, and really need the rain, hasn't been lost on me. I know all that. But, in the "all about me" world the weather is supposed to be more considerate. It's supposed to finish before I ride or hold off until I'm done.

It might clear out by tomorrow afternoon and I can make up for it then, but still...that's not quite as convenient for my very busy schedule.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home