Friday, July 27, 2007

Jaguars report to camp

Are there four better words to hear this time of year? Maybe elsewhere there are, but here in the lumberyard (where we try to keep our PG-13 rating)...not a chance.

The air is so full of potentail and hope you can taste it....and that's saying something with the amount of Michael Vick being shoved down our throats. I'll plead guilty to adding to the heap, but last night, as I was in the gym, watching ESPN News (aka. the all Michael Vick all the time network), I think I hit my limit on schnitzengruben.

So not only am I starved for football because it's July and the NFL season is around the corner, but I'm also desparate for something not scandalous in my sports world....and please Jaguars, don't disappoint me there either.

We have a receiving corps that has to improve. Moves have been made to help that happen. Dennis Northcutt was signed and Mike Walker was drafted, and maybe the guys we already have got a little better. Byron Leftwhich has to improve, and all accounts from offseason workouts seem to point to that being the case. How much, is a question. Is it enough? Can he be the great quarterback we all hoped for when he came here? Can he stay healthy for a season? My world is full of potential, and hope, and visions of taking the division from those nasty ol' Colts....just like every other NFL fan is feeling about their team right about now. It's the most wonderful time of the year...for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home