Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

It's Leap Day, and I'm extremely anxious. It's also the first day of free agency for the NFL, and my Jaguars need to roll in with a huge shopping cart, cuz we got money and needs dammit..

We need a pass rusher. We need a real receiver, and since the closest thing we have now is Ernest Wilford, and it appears we'll be losing him in this same free agency period (an eventuality that I really don't understand, because he's one of the right pieces to the puzzle). we really need a few wide receivers. We could also use an upgrade at safety. The problem is, the shelves aren't exactly lines with answers at those positions, and the Jaguars don't seem to have the will to throw cash around...which is both good and bad. You don't want to squander money, but you do need to go get the guys you need. We never go after the huge profile, huge cash guys, and I can accept that (not that I have a choice if I want to stay a Jaguar fan), but get the folks you need.

Maybe the picture will clear up in the next week, and I'll be less anxious. I might be more pissed off if the next week goes by and nothing happens, and I might be pleasantly surprised, but either way, I'll be less anxious....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home