Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my whine for the day

So, I'm doing the usual 'every other night' gym thing last night, and around 9:30, it's just me and one other guy. We have two TV's on facing opposite ends of the room. Both are featuring the same thing. ESPN - Tennessee vs. Vanderbuilt basketball game. Two top 10 teams battling in a pretty good game, and....

This woman comes in. Looks at the TVs and asks.."doesn't anyone care what Barak and Hillary have to say?" I'm thinking...please lady, it wasn't all that long ago that I ate dinner...I'd like to keep it down, but I'm saying a simple, polite, "no." The other guy explains the relevance of the baskeball game, and its place in the interest pecking order far above either Hillary or Barak...so she gets on a treadmill, puts in her little i-pod ear things and runs.

She does that until...I get off the stationary bike, grab my drink and walk outside where it's cool. Now, she knows I didn't leave for the night, because while I grabbed the drink, I left, my keys and cell phone which were right next to it, and on the wall cubbie thing right in front of her.

I'm outside for maybe two minutes, I walk back in and...the basketball game isn't on anymore. Instead, we have HGTV. Now, I can understand...we have the game on one TV and even though, as I head for the weight machine that works abs...I can't see it except at a strange angle through a mirror, I can still hear it. I don't have that much of a problem sharing. What pisses me off, is that we're watching HGTV...and it's muted. She has those stupid ear things in her ears...so she's got her tunes, and we're watching home improvement shit which we can only partially understand, because we can't hear it. So I'm watching some guy do something with a level, instead of watching basketball. At least you can follow basketball with no sound, but Tim 'the tool man' Taylor, or whoever this guy is..not so much. He's probably explaining what the hell he's doing with the level, but we don't know that, because we can't hear him. She doesn't care, because she's not listening to him, and I highly doubt she knows what he was doing with the level either.

If you're going to be a bitch, and change the channel that you know other people were watching before you showed up, and are still interested in...at least watch the stuff you change it to. It was just an "all about me" rude thing to do. If I was going to be there more than 10 minutes after the heinous act, I may have said something, but I figured I was just working the tummy and leaving. Instead of getting into it with her, I'd passive-aggressively just whine to you guys.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I just told my husband the other day, that I am convinced, that people are just STUPID. Just plain retarded- excuse my language. Either that, or they wake up every day and say to themselves,"How on earth can I annoy the piss out of everyone that crosses my path today?" Argg!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home