Thursday, February 21, 2008

missed it

Damn, I was frustrated last night. We had cloudy skies. It wasn't a complete cloud blanket. Occasionally you'd see a star through the clouds, or a piece of the moon. I really wanted to catch some of the eclipse, and I went out several times and stared where the moon was supposed to be.



Yeah, every now and then I'd get teased into looking a little longer. You'd see a quarter of it here, or even a half there, but never the entire moon, and most of the time....nuthin'. Even what I did see didn't sport the colors I hoped to catch. Oh well, maybe next time...in about 2 years.

Talked to my college roommate last night. It's strange how things work out. He grew up in New Jersey and went to Villanova. I grew up all over and went to Villanova. After we graduated I joined the Navy and he went back to New Jersey, but somehow, almost 30 years later, he lives across the river from me. Even this close we see each other less than once a year, which is stupid. I saw him more when he lived up north. So, I called him last week and finalized plans last night. We're having dinner Saturday night...he and his family and me and mine. Sometimes I take too much for granted...like him being right there. I try to learn from other people's lessons in the "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got till it's gone" world, but occasionally I need to kick myself in the head and get things moving before they go away. I might have missed the eclipse, but I'm going to do my best not to miss everything.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home