Friday, February 08, 2008

buh bye Mr. Romney...and other stuff

I was a little surprised...well, OK, a lot surprised, that Mitt Romnet dropped out of the Republican race yesterday. I guess, looking at it now, it makes sense, though. They guy wasn't going to win. All he was doing was spending more money in a cause going nowhere. I can also see why Huckabee is still there. He wants his name in the hat when they start talking Vice Presidential hopefuls. As much as it might suit me, (and giving you a pretty good idea how much creedence my opinion is given in national circles) Mitt Romney won't even be an afterthought in the list of possible V.P. hopefuls running with John McCain, so what reason does he have to stick around?

Roger Clemens and steriods - does anyone really care anymore? I was in the gym last night and this story was dominating everything...or everything on ESPN. Ya know, I just don't give a shit. Enough other guys have raised their hand and admitted that they used illegal stuff to enhance their performance, that baseball is smeared about as much as it's going to be. One guy more or less makes no difference to me, and no, it doesn't matter that it's Roger Clemens. The whole steroid/HGH thing is ugly. It's being addressed. Move on. I don't care if Clemens did it or not. If he did, he should be punished. If not, he should be left alone. If he perjures himself, he ought to go to prision. Just do it off my TV screen. I'm tired of hearing about him. Clemens isn't that big a story to me.

Dan Snyder got turned down (although there never was an offer on the table) by the Giants defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, for the head coaching vacancy at the Redskins. What does that say about that job? Oh gee, come to Washington. We'll pay you big bucks to come here, but if we're not in the playoff hunt next year, start looking for a new job around week 14. If we lose in the playoffs, you can postpone that search until mid January. Your staff is already hand picked by the owner, so you don't have to make any choices there. Oh, and he's a great guy too. How inviting is that?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home