Thursday, January 31, 2008

As much as I wish it were different...

The Republicans can prove they don't play well with others, just as much as the Democrats can.

This only goes to push my point farther. The best people to lead the country aren't necessarily the ones we get to pick from. We get to pick from the people who think they're the best people to lead the country. What that guarantees you is someone with a big ego, but little else.

That's one big reason I want as little as possible in their control. Give me life, liberty, and let me persue happiness, but then get back in your Washington hole and leave me alone. Don't try to tell me what kind of heath care I should have, or who I should help out of their dire situation, or why the Navy needs this awesome new weapon that they aren't asking for, but people in your district build. You are self-righteously unqualified. You aren't smarter than I am, and you're not smarter than most people are. If I need help, I certainly don't want it from you because you think you know what I need. You're wrong more often than you're right.

Stop tyring to convince us that it takes a village. It doesn't. A village is a nice thing to have, but we don't need it. We can count on ourselves to do stuff. If I don't have a village, I certainly don't want you to provide the one you think I need. If the world needs a safety net, you aren't the people to hold the knitting needles. Watching all of you twist the truth just to get elected makes me wonder what else you do with it once you are.


ps. Sorry to get all cynical, but as much as it pisses me of when politicians I won't vote for start playing fast and loose with the truth and start bickering about it, I hate it all the more when the ones I'm considering voting for, and want to invest my trust in, do it. I expect better of them, and hate being disappointed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home