Wednesday, January 30, 2008

people never listen, but that's OK

I guess I should expect it.

I mentioned, a while ago, that the youngster and I are going to participate in a bike ride in April...and we are. I expect to raise the minimum amount of money necessary to participate, because I know I'll be hitting up the exact same people when we do the MS ride later in the year, and I don't want to be bothering the same people all the time with my hand out. Therefore I'm not planning an all out fundraisinig effort for the April ride, because I know I'll be doing that later.

I did, however, think...we might not be the only people who could benefit from using this April ride for training. Other people may consider trying the MS ride, and if they do, this would be a good intermediate goal for them as well. I thought I'd invite friends and co-workers to at least consider riding in April.

In that light, I sent an e-mail to everyone in my department at work. Basically, I said the youngster and I are participating in this event. While we won't exactly turn down anyone who wants to sponsor us, the reason I'm telling everyone in January is we're hoping some of you will start training now (or soon) and join us, and see if you like it. If not, that's OK, but if so, it might encourage you to think about the MS ride in September.

The response has been surprising. No, so far I haven't added a single rider to our small two man team, but I have had three people give us donations. People are coming up and giving me money and I keep telling them, "You know I'm coming back at you for the MS ride, don't you?" and they seem to be OK with that. While I'm not complaining, I really want bodies on bicycles more than cash at this point....but I guess I'll just smile and say thank you. I shouldn't look gift Jacksons in the mouth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home