Friday, February 01, 2008

it's football, it's the Super Bowl. How could I not watch?

It is the last real football game of the season. Well, there's the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't really count. After this, it's the long football drought until July when training camp starts, interrupted only for one shining moment with the draft. Being all that, it is the Super Bowl, and we will party (or paaaaty as they say in New England) and watch...oh, and watch the commercials. It really is the only football game where you can't get up to get food, beer or hit the rest room during commercials, because you might miss something great.

I still don't really have a rooting interest. Like I said before, if either team wins, there's a good thing coming out of it in my book. If New England wins, it finally shuts up theose'72 Dolphin people who would then be one of two teams to have an undefeated season. If the Giants win, good on ol' Tom Coughlin. Some folks are saying that'd be the greatest upset in Super Bowl history, which give you an idea of their perceived chances. I would harken back to Joe Willy Namath and his improbable prediction in Super Bowl III, when his upstart Jets took down the Baltimore Colts. Everyone laughed at him when he said his Jets would win....until Sunday afternoon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I'm still rooting for the packers. :-)
I can't stand Eli Manning, therefore I hope Tom Brady really puts a head on those Giants.
Go Pats!
Have fun this Sunday. Happy Drinking!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home