Thursday, February 07, 2008

the wiiiiiide screen thing

There's this evolutionary thing happening with video screens of different kinds, particulatly computer screens and television. It's the wide screen.

Televisions and computer screens have been doing it for several years now. The really strange thing to me that I thought they would have solved almost immediately, but haven't, is the fat thing. The first time I saw a football game on a wide screen, it looked like all they did was take the normal picture and stretch it wider. It looked that way because...well...that's what they did. They didn't show you more of the field because you now had more screen. They just took the picture they had and made it take up all of your TV. Consequently all the wide body linemen looked even wider. Television found a way to make the lollipop girls look like they had some meat on 'em.

I bring this up because yesterday, someone delivered my new monitor at work...a nice wide one. My work wallpaper on the monitor is one of the several shots I shared last fall from the MS bike ride. It features me and several other people I was with on the ride. Now, I'm not a particularly skinny guy to start with. As a matter of fact, speaking of starting, that's what started the whole bicycling part of my life last year about this time. It's working, but it's a work in progress. I'm skinnier than I was this time last year, but I'm not where I want to be yet. Then comes this new monitor, and...daaamn, I'm fatter than I was last year....every time I start this computer, before I fill the screen with other stuff. Thanks a lot Acer.

Can someone start working on that whole proportion thing soon?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

LOL- we just got a new monitor ourselves, a wiiiiide one. everything is stretched beyond belief! quite scary when looking at a photo of yourself, isn't it!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home