Tuesday, February 12, 2008

as National Holidays go

Today is huge. I didn't know this until I hit the morning news, checkin' the weather, but today is..


are you ready for this?

Are ya really?

You're sure now, are you?

National Pancake Lovers' Day!

And I'm all over it. I could spend every morning at the IHOP if time and my waistline would allow. I very much enjoy the food group known as pancakes. ...in just about every variety. Put some fruit in them, like blueberries, bananas, or chocolate chips, or on them...like strawberries. You could throw some nuts in there. There are just endless possibilities. Just plain, with a little butter and maybe smother them in maple syrup, or any of the other countless varieties of syrup....Yessssssss! I'm in breakfast heaven, and we haven't even touched the close cousin...the waffle, or the cousin from across the pond, the belgian waffle.

God I love pancakes! Oh, and a big shout out to Mr. Lincoln, too. Happy Birthday Abe!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

It would be cool if they combined the two special days:

Abe Lincoln Pancake day.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home