Friday, July 18, 2008

colonoscopy - revisited

In the last post, I noted that mom-in-law stays with us when she goes through this ordeal. She doesn't do it that often, but when she does, we give her a bathroom and a stand for her books, and just clear out. Over the last couple times, she's looked at me with this morbid sort of glee, saying, "You're time's coming."

Well, I told her about my visit with Mr. My Doctor, and when I mentioned the 'c' word, her eyes lit up and she got this nasty cackle in her voice....until I told her I stopped the guy in his tracks.

"I can't believe that. I can't believe he let you get away with that."

"What? I told him no. He asked if he could schedule it and I refused."

"He's not making you go?"

"He can't make me do anything. I didn't say never. I just don't think I need to start that routine quite yet. He said I need to do it before I turn 60. I'm only 51, for God's sake."

She's genuinely upset.....at me! It's like I pissed in her corn flakes by opting out of a trip to disgusting-world. She feels like I got away with something and took away the joy of watching me feel her pain, so to speak. She was looking forward to this day with some kind of nasty anticipation. I yanked the rug out from under her, and she's not happy about it.

Sorry mom-in-law...but I don't feel the least bit guilty about ruining your fun.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

This whole "C" thing is really funny. Earlier I had a spam about 'colon cleanse' and I laughed thinking of today's post and yesterday's post.

Thanks for the laughs, even if you didn't mean it.

And.. have a good weekend.

11:11 AM  
Blogger JessieE said...

this whole thread is just shitty.

;-)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home