Monday, August 25, 2008

Fay's finally gone

Yesterday we saw the last remnants of Tropical Storm Fay, not that it means we're drying out. We have rain in the forecast for today. It's just not Fay related.

I'm very tired of wet weather, but more than that, I'm really tired of the humidity that comes with a tropical system. The air is incredibly thick now, and has been for the last several days. I got in a bike ride yesterday between rain showers, and was a dripping sweaty mess when I finished. OK, I'm usually a dripping sweaty mess when I finish, but not like that.

On the good side, because I usually rip these guys and to be fair, I need to give them props when they actually pull through. We lost power for maybe a total of 10 minutes through the whole Fay incident. FPL kept us up and running through the whole thing. Living in that humidity with no air conditioning is a bear. I know. We've done it before. I'm just glad we didn't have to do it again.

No, we don't get to dry out quite yet, but that light is at the end of the very wet tunnel...and I can see it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home