Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"it's tough being a girl"

I hear this from the wife all the time, and I guess it must be true.

Last night I came home from the gym and I was a nasty sweaty mess, like I always am. I cooled down a bit, and headed for the shower...where I had to get two bottles of some kind of shampoo/body wash/whatever off the floor and put them up on a ledge someplace.

It struck me as I did this. We have a little ledge around the edge of the shower. We have a towel rack in the shower. We have this little hanging thingie with wire shelves hanging from the shower head. The purpose for all these things is to hold shampoo/body wash/whatever products for my wife.

I've got two necessities in the shower. There's a bar of soap and shampoo. Nothing else there. Nothing else required.

Because I had to put the two bottles that were on the floor elsewhere, so I wouldn't step on one, slip, fall and kill myself, it struck me to count the items the wife has in there. I skipped the soap, because we both use it, and went straight for the containers....bottles, tubes, that sort of thing. Twelve.

TWELVE, folks!

I didn't realize there were that many until I actually counted. I didn't ask what the twelve were for. I don't think I want to know. I guess I'm just chalking it up to...."It's tough being a girl."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I have 7 bottles/tubes in my shower basket thingie that hangs from the shower head. That's not including the soap or the razor. So... your wife wins!

:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

12 eh? Wow. I'm simple in that sense. Shampoo, Conditioner, shaving gel, and face wash. That's all I need. I just use the husband's bar soap. It does the trick for me! Those frilly soaps in a tube give me a headache, way too smelly.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home