Monday, September 15, 2008

doin' the math

I was looking at the route for this year's MS Ride. It's slightly longer than last year's, and I was hoping to use that fact to get the youngster to do the 100 mile first day with me. My logic was....well, last year the route was 80 miles, so to do the hundred, I only had to do another 20 miles. This year it's 84, so we only have to do another 16. It's not that much more, after already going 84.

The logic seemed pretty good, until I looked at the map, and realized the extra loop to do the hundred mile ride is exactly the same one we did last year. Just because the rest of the ride got a little longer, this part didn't get any shorter. Yeah, I could probably still make the argument with the youngster, and he might not notice the difference, but that would just be sooo wrong. I'll just keep my mouth shut and hope he'll do the extra 20 miles with me...assuming I'm up for it when we get there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home