Friday, November 21, 2008

it's either a copy cat world, or a trend, or both

I could have started long before this, but this is where I my first memory of the trend began. There was Apple, and Feist and her 1-2-3-4 i-pod commercial song. Then there was New Soul by Yael Naim in the MacBook Air commercial.

The Dell computer company shot back with Kira Willey and Colors in their commercial that is still airing now.

Now there's Emy Reynolds and the 'Make me a Wish" song (which is supposedly really titled Nothing Sweet as You as Honey Come from Bee but doesn't yet exist in recorded form) in the Chevy Traverse commercials that rain shoes. The girl doesn't even have a CD out yet, and she's singing on commercials. Personally, I think that's pretty cool, but it's also the continuation of a pattern.

What is it with the young female artists in simple but very catchy tunes doing commericals? I'm not really complaining, because I like most of the songs. At some point each gets stuck in my head for a few days, much more than the product they get attached to, which can't be all that great for the commercial, but oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home