Tuesday, December 08, 2009

more quick hits

I'm getting real tired of the Tiger Woods debacle. Maybe it's that it's so ugly, I want to look away, but I can't. Everywhere I look, he's there. This Sunday's sports page in the local fish wrap sported an article about how the black community is feeling discriminated against in his choice of mistresses. Let me wrap my head around this one. You're pissed because he only ruined the lives of a bunch of white hos? Couldn't find a nice black ho to send spinning in a tabloid nightmare. I'm sorry, but that's a bit warped.

Florida Gators - people around here are hanging their heads. I can't say I knew who would win the SEC Championship game, but before the game, a lot of my friends were talking about it like it was some foregone conclusion....show up in Atlanta, stomp on Alabama again on the way to the National Championship game. I kept telling them Alabama wasn't going to just play into their plans. The Tide played into their own plans. Now the same story is coming again....Alabama just has to show up and someone's going to hand them the National Championship. I think Texas may have a little to say about that. I'm glad they actually play the games, so all the experts get to see that they aren't.

In Division 2, where they actually have a playoff in college football, my little school from mainline Philly is actually in the semifinals. Go Wildcats!

2000 - 2009 is supposedly the warmest decade on record. Gotta wonder....who fudged the numbers? Even if it's correct, those climatological scientists are going to deal with ethics issues for a while, which could prove costly.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Merry Christmas, J. :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home