Monday, January 23, 2006

the Steelers won the Championship

OK, so the Steelers won the professional football championship. Oh, I know, the Super Bowl is 2 weeks away, but the de facto Super Bowl was played in Denver yesterday, where the two best teams who earned the right to play in it clashed. Seriously, does anyone think Seattle can beat the Steelers? Does anyone think they could beat the Broncos, had the game gone the other way? As always, this place is just a forum for my opinion, but I doubt anyone of sound mind is thinking Seattle can win in Detroit, unless we all get zapped into that hole in the universe that occurs when you use one 'easy button' to find another 'easy button', or something else way out there happens. Seattle has the closest thing to 'no shot'. My apologies if you're a Seahawks fan, but really...from someone who has absolutely no rooting interest on either side, and might even be more inclined to pull for the Seahawks just so I don't have to listen to the gloating from friends and relatives in Pa, you got no shot. I'm going up there this summer, and my buddy the dentist, who went to Pitt for dental school, is going to be hard to live with. Still, them's the facts.

This, of course, caused me boatloads of grief for the 20 minute car pool ride to school this morning, beginning when the car pool Steeler fans walked out with huge grins on their faces. To my credit, I told them last week their boys would beat Denver and tried to be gracious about it. I told them this morning that they're going to win in Detriot, and finally get that elusive one for the thumb. The only thing I could come back with if I chose, was the fact that the Jaguars beat both of those teams this season...and yeah, that's too lame and sour grapes-ish to even bring up...anywhere but here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home