Friday, March 31, 2006

things are coming together

The Yugo of fridges was replaced, finally last night. A new version of the same thing showed up and so far the ice maker appears to work. It didn't happen without drama though. I was at the ball fields waiting for mom-in-law to show up with the youngster. After a phone call or two, I found out they had already been there and left, and the fridge delivery guy called and was enroute. Practice was supposed to start at 6:30. At 6:45 there was no sign of either coach so they went back home. I got there a little after 7:00, and one coach showed up around 7:30, looking bewildered because all the fields were taken. I just told him the youngster wouldn't be there and left.

On the way home, a frantic and slightly upset wife called. We live in B.F.E., but it's not that hard to find us. The delivery guy got lost and was even farther out in the sticks than we live, and called to tell her he found his was back to I-95, but it would be tomorrow when we got the fridge. The wife went ballistic on him and told him, "Oh no it won't! You turn that truck around and get that refrigerator here NOW!" She hung up and hoped that he would do as she....ummmmm...asked? Then she called Home Depot and told someone that if the fridge didn't show up that evening, someone would be finding a way to compensate us. The truck was there when I rolled up to the house around 8:00. So far, it has made some ice, and it's keeping food cold, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the status quo.

Thursday night golf. I've asked around and found that he who told me there would be no golf doesn't know his ass from a cheerio. I will probably help the two guys who have, but two guys did step up to take care of organizing the stuff the guy who left did...not an issue.

Final Four....of course...I'm pulling for George Mason, because I love an underdog and because I'm a bitter Villanova grad living in North Florida sick and tired of listening to all the Florida Gator crowing. I'm tired of listening to the guy on the radio asking in his taunting voice, "Where are ya Big East?" Yes, he's right (which of course only makes it worse for me), and yes, I could turn it off, but don't bother me with details. No, I don't expect George Mason to beat the Gators, but it'd be so cool if they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home