Thursday, April 13, 2006

the car pool bus passes a milestone

I won't be here tomorrow. We get Good Friday off in the office, but instead of spending the day in church in prayer, I will be taking the family truckster in for its 150,000 mile checkup. Yes, I may be praying there too, but I had to step back and reflect on ol' reliable. I've never kept a vehicle this long before. I think the previous record was somewhere around 130,000 miles, and that was a car limping along to its death. The family truckster is still going strong. Even the AC is cranking like new and sure, there's one or two rattles, but nothing even remotely constant or annoying. This thing may see 200,000 miles, or more, before I'm ready to look for a replacement. I'm pretty proud of it, and me, for keeping it maintained so it will keep on going, and going, and going......

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

My Jimme is 195k +
I hope it can make it to its 200k miles. Yes I'm worried too, especially if we're gonna drive to Ayers Rock/Kings Canyon.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home