Monday, April 17, 2006

happy day after Easter

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

We have been trying to move into a new church for over two years now. It was supposed to be finished two and a half years ago, but the company building it spread itself too thin and went bankrupt. Then there were the follow-on legal battles followed by a huge mold issue which is finally getting cleaned up after more legal battles. The result has been the tiny building serving as the church all this time, while more and more people seem to be moving here, is now filled way past capacity, even on a normal Sunday. Throw into that the Christmas/Easter Catholics and it was a carnival...literally. We got there an hour early and were lucky to get a seat. People were packed inside the building, and out every doorway. If you walked outside there during the service, you would have seen almost a picnic atmosphere once you got past the first 10 rows of people out there. Kids were playing tag, and infants were being walked, probably a lot like five loaves and two fishes day. We got through it though. The latest is the mold is cleaned up. There's still some duct work to be done and hopefully we get to use the building...before Christmas rolls around. At this point, I'm not taking anything for granted.

Easter candy - am I the only one who just doesn't get peeps? The wife bought some for the youngster's basket, even though he's well past buying into the Easter Bunny, as she has every year because..."Well, you just have to have peeps." Why? They're disgusting to start with, and who ever equated baby chicks (made of sugar and marshmallow no less) with Easter? Not only that, the chick is just the most popular shape. There are others that have even less (if that's possible) to do with the holiday. Whoever invented those things hooked into something I haven't figured out, and more power to him. I know there are plenty of peeps lovers out there, and I hope you get your fill. You can have mine.

The family truckster went for its checkup and the prognosis was....expensive. New valve cover gaskets because the old ones were leaking oil. I won't pretend to know how bad a thing that is, but leaking oil can't be good. I just know the guy said they needed to be replaced and I figure if that's what it takes to keep the car going a lot longer, I'm in. It's still not nearly as bad as car payments, so I bit the bullet, paid the folks and live to drive another day.

I also spent much driving range time. The member/guest tournament is coming next week/weekend. I have a week and a half to prepare (it starts next Thursday), and I'm trying to give the guy who asked me to be his partner reason to be happy he did so. The range was encouraging. I'm going into this thing really just wanting to have fun and play a lot of golf, but yeah, it'd be very cool to win too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home