Thursday, May 04, 2006

bits and pieces from the lumberyard sports desk

I think I've made it more than clear that I'm not a Tiger fan, but I can't imagine losing my dad, even though I know the day will come. I truly am sorry for your loss Tiger, even though you truly have no idea who I am. I'm praying for you, and your family.

Although I can't agree with what Suns guard, Raja Bell did, I do agree with what he said about Kobe Bryant. I think Bryant and his attitude represent one of the NBAs biggest disconnects with Joe average fan, and the fact that he and his attitude are being pumped up by the league just makes it all worse.

Red Sox pitcher, J'ville native and all around good guy Jon Papelbon gave up his first run of the season last night. It was a great streak while it lasted big guy. Let's start another stretch just like it.

Randy Mexico, little brother of Ron, heads to Miami to tryout with the Dolphins. Apparently Dolphins head coach, Nick Saban, doesn't have enough off-the-field issues on his plate baby-sitting Ricky 'ganja-mon' Williams. He's asking for more. Granted, young Marcus Vick is a long shot to make the team, but why waste the time and invite trouble in the first place? It's not like you can't see it coming. Randy Mexico + South Beach = I don't even wanna think of the carnage.

The western conference of the NHL turned into Duck Soup last night, as the Mighty Ducks beat Calgary to make it a clean sweep for bottom feeders against top seeds in the conference. I guess that flameout really does make the regular season irrelevant, if it was relevant before this.

In NASCAR...oh I'm sorry, the subject was supposed to be sports.....that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home