Friday, May 12, 2006

what I'll do for decent pizza

I have a love/hate relationship with the pizza place on my way home. Great stuff but it just takes too long.

Very close to home I now have Pizza Hut and Dominos, but I don't want Pizza Hut or Dominos. I want the good stuff. The good stuff comes from a place about halfway home. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get there and they usually take 20 minutes to make the pie. That means I call about 10 minutes before I leave and...presto, it's comming out of the oven as I get there. Not bad, but still, you have to remember to call before you plan to leave, or you do some standing around. True, compared to the other options, it's well worth the wait.

So tonight, we're doing pizza, and I even thought to call ahead.

"It'll be 45-50 minutes. Is that OK?"

"NO it's not OK! 20 minutes is bad enough, but this is ridiculous. What are you people doing? Growing the damn tomatoes?"

...and no, that's not what I said, but it's what I was thinking as I said, "Sure."

Still, the only time it's been this bad is Players Championship week. Then, I just bypassed the pizza because it was taking an hour and a half. We went for other options that night, but now....I want the pizza. We don't have a lot of other options at the house and the youngster's having some friends over for dinner, so they pretty much have me over a barrel.

So, how do you kill another 25 minutes? I guess you start by writing a whiney blog entry about having to wait for pizza.

3 Comments:

Blogger Federico Perazzoni said...

wow....

Nice....

5:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I hate whiney blogs. I've said it several times. I must admit though, you write one good whiney blog - very entertaining.

I'm envious because I live in Houston and there is no good pizza.

-Greg

8:39 AM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

whine and pizza...don't meld together...now wine... that's another story...

hmmm...I can think of other things that wine goes with. ;)

I hope your pizza was delicious and worth the wait...

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home