Monday, May 08, 2006

rain, rain, come my way

I watched the Wachovia Championship yesterday, and I was sooo envious. I watched Jim Furyk work his way into a playoff and win. I watched Retief Goosen blow it big time, but most of all I watched it rain. I watched guys play golf in short sleeved windbreakers (oooh, so maybe that's what those things are for) and waited expectantly.

The Wachovia Championship is played in North Carolina and it just stands to reason, if it's raining there, the bottom of the front causing the rain ought to be pulling through North Florida any time now, or in the next hour, or overnight, or anything...please.

We've been rain-less for well over two weeks. I don't know how much over, but it's been a long time, and it seems like this week it's finally threatening. I just hope it's not an empty threat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home