Friday, May 05, 2006

for the first time on DVD...

I'm a fairly big Star Wars fan. I've seen all the movies in a theater, and when they came out on VHS tape, I bought them. When they came out digitally mastered on VHS, I bought them. When thet came out on DVD, I bought them...usually on the first or second day they were available. The youngster and I have had Star Wars discussions. I genuinely like the movies.

I am not, however, a fanatic. I have never attended a Star Wars convention and I won't get into discussions that involve inconsistencies between the movies or anything quite that detailed. I've never been spotted (in public anyway) dressed like a storm trooper. I just enjoy sitting with a huge tub of popcorn and watching them.

So now, Mr. Lucas says he's releasing...for the first time on DVD..the original Star Wars movies. I know people who (scare me because of this, but) are so stoked about all this and I'm thinking...why? Enough already! Someone has to point out the differences between the original and what I have for me to notice them in the first place. I'm too busy being entertained to analyze the movies. It's in this light that I look at this release of the original movies and yawn. No, I'm not buying yet another version of Star Wars. I'm quite OK with the 'newer, improved' version. Mr. Lucas, you've got my money from seeing the original movie in the theater, buying it on tape, buying it again on tape, and buying it again on DVD. Don't you think it's time to stop milking that cow and move on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home