Thursday, July 20, 2006

the sound of silence

This car thing is getting real frustrating.

I'm still driving the stripped version of an '06 Toyota Highlander, and waiting on a more loaded version, but hearing absolutely nothing from those supposedly working day and night to get me what I want. It doesn't help that every morning I have to get past a security guard to get to work. Usually, my vehicle has a bar code on it that gets me through, but since this isn't really my vehicle, it doesn't. That means actually having to stop and explain my situation to a rent-a-cop and ask to be allowed to come to work. There's a nice version of "Thank you sir, can I have another" for ya. Next morning, different cop, same routine.

I guess I wouldn't be so frustrated if I knew something...anything. If it's going to take another week, two weeks, month to get what I want...fine. Just tell me. Give me back the truckster so I'm not running up miles on what will be someone else's new car and hold my down payment hostage if you like so I'll come back. Just let me know what to expect and I'll be fine. But no...I'm in a vacuum. If I call, I just get, "We're working on it."

The thing is, at the end, they're going to tell me Toyota is going to send me this questionnaire, and if there's any reason why I can't say the whole experience was wonderful, they want to know up front. At this point, I think I'll have to stop from laughing in their faces.

This being in limbo sucks.

ps. Now that I go back and read that though, it strikes me....if this is what I have to whine about...that I'm not getting the new car I want fast enough, or on my terms or whatever, life ain't so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Al's car was totaled last night by a woman in a Toyota SUV. She was behind a couple who were at a stop sign waiting for traffic to clear before pulling onto a 7-lane road. She got tired of waiting, pulled around them and charged full speed into traffic, hitting Al so hard it totaled his Chevy wagon. Luckily, he wasn't hurt, but if he had been in a sedan or smaller car, he probably would have been killed. When asked why she couldn't wait for traffic to clear, she said, "I was behind a car, waiting for them to go. I think they were reading books. So I went around them."

Talka bout stupid people. Anyway..that's my news. I guess Al will be searching for a new vehicle. At least he wasn't hurt or killed.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home