Friday, October 20, 2006

Mr. Foley and the priest

The whole Congressman Foley thing is sickening, and I'm not looking for excuses just because we apparently share a political viewpoint. There is no excuse for hitting on high school aged kids who are pages in Congress when you're a Congressman. There's a higher standard in those halls, and Foley failed it by a long shot.

The fact that he had issues with a priest when he was young might make some of it understandable (though I think even that's a stretch), but not excusable. Still the line from the priest is...absurd. There were incidents Foley might perceive as inappropriate, like massaging the boy in the nude. Excuse me? Might? What might? There's no might. I don't even go in my son's room when he's naked. What possible other way is there to perceive that? You're a priest with a naked boy. I don't care what happens after that. It's already inappropriate, and there's no might or perception about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home