Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Super Bowl

I've been listening to people overanalyze this game for days now, and I want to help overanalyze it just a little bit more.

I think it's all way too simple. Sunday could very well prove me wrong, but I see it this way, and it even pains me greatly to say it. I dislike the Indianapolis Colts, and that's about the nicest way I can put that. Other words come to mind, but "dislike" is nicer and still gets the point across. It's not easy for me to admit, but the Colts are far and away the better team, and by halftime, this show will be all over except the commercials. The Colts one weakness most of the year was run defense. The Jaguars exploited the hell out of it. They've managed to toughen that up in the playoffs though, and what they showed against the Chiefs and Patriots impressed the hell out of me.

The Bears supposedly have a great defense, but you'll have to excuse my AFC bias. That great defense has some gaudy numbers supported by playing the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers..twice. I'm not saying they aren't good, but I am saying they're overrated. I've seen more of Peyton Manning the Colts offense than I'd like to, and they aren't the Lions.

Then there is my AFC bias. Dispute it all you like, but the top teams in the AFC are clearly better than the top teams ion the NFC. I didn't much care which team came out of the playoffs in the AFC. Any of them would beat any of the teams coming from the NFC. About the only matchup where I gave the NFC team a chance would have been New Orleans against Kansas City, and even then Kansas City would be favored. New Orleans would have a better chance thsan any other scenario though.

Now, I know, any given Sunday and all that and yeah...something really strange could happen that allows the Bears to win this game. Barring a total eclipse every time Manning drops back to pass though, this game is decided before the third quarter starts, and we stay tuned to see if Bud or Bud Light wins this years competition...and to see if we won football pool money.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home