Tuesday, January 30, 2007

my apple is so much better than your orange

Now the great debate rages over the sports talk airwaves and Sports Center and wherever else...which is better? Tiger Woods's streak of wins in golf or Roger Federer's streak of wins in tennis.

I can't believe people are actually trying to justify either side of that argument. The answer is neither. They're both pretty cool, and great accomplishments, but they are so different you can't reasonable argue one is any better than the other. They are both individual sports, but beyond that, they have no real comparable qualities. One ball is small and hard. The other is big and fuzzy. You hit one with titanium, the other with netting. One gets hit at you and you hit it back on the fly. The other sits on the ground 'til you hit it. One's played on grass. the other...well, never mind. Yes, I'm being overly obvious, but so is the point I'm making. Neither streak is "better" than the other. They're both just pretty huge accomplishments. Stop trying to quantify them.

Which is harder? Well, if you're the tennis player, I'd think the golf tournament thing would be harder and visa versa. For me, they're equally difficult...as in "no freakin' way".

I mean, which is worse...losing a Super Bowl or losing the World Series?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home