Monday, January 22, 2007

a few quick hits on a Monday

OK, one of his writers is actually responsible, I'm sure, but it's a great Jay Leno quote anyway....
"David Beckham is coming to the United States. People say he could make a huge impact on the way Americans ignore soccer."

Hillary threw her overly televised eye roll in the Presidential ring. I hear Monica's already been contacted for a return engagement on her kneepads. She doesn't have to worry about this Presidential hopeful staining her dress so much, but she's stocking up on those cigars.

The second time around would be a lot nicer for Bill. He could have a whole lot more time to insert himself into anything with an orafice without that whole Presidential job pain in the ass getting in his way...especially with Hillary doing it (the job, that is). That'll keep her busy and out of his way, too. I'm sure it's not near the character issue when it isn't the President lying in America's collective face about screwing anything that will allow it. It's just her husband.

Much was made of the two Super Bowl coaches being African American. I'm so looking forward to the day when race becomes such a non-issue, that nobody will notice, or care.

The basketball team from the little Main Line Philly school beat two top 25 teams in the last week (and they wonder why this Catholic boy isn't a Notre Dame fan). No, we aren't making the same noise we did last year, but we're starting to turn a head or two. Go Wildcats!

The Super Bowl...has lost a whole lot of interest in the lumberyard. I'm happy Tony Dungy got there, because he is, by all accounts, a great guy and deserves to be there. I can't, however, stomach rooting for Peyton and the Colts. I would rather see the Bears beat them, but I don't think that vision has a realistic chance. I think the Colts will blow the Bears out and make the game boring some time in the second quarter. Somewhere in the back of my mind, a voice says I should be happy about the prospect of an AFC South team winning the Super Bowl, on which my Jaguars hung 44 points, but that's not quite doing it for me. Still, I have to admit...they're gonna roll. At least I can be happy for their coach.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home