Thursday, January 18, 2007

American Idol

Count me among those not exactly enamored with the show.

I never got the bug, and I'm not exactly upset about that. I hear people talking about it, like everyone ought to know what's going on. At work, at the end of every season, for fun, the company boss's admin assistant runs an employee poll over who should win between the last two contestants. I vote for Pedro every time. This year I will, again, vote for Pedro.

I'll admit, the William Hung thing was hilarious. Now though, it's been done. How many talentless people get their 15 seconds of fame attempting to sing material they are clearly unqualified to perform? The woman singing "Don'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" in the commercial for the show....that's just got to go, and it did nothing to get me to watch a half hour of that.

The people who win that thing...I dunno...none of them put out a product I'm dying to go out and buy. They make vanilla ice cream seem radical. I mean, really....Clay Aiken? It's Barry Manilow without the personality. Taylor Hicks...doesn't hold a candle to Taylor Dayne, who doesn't hold a candle to...well...a candle. What's the attraction?

In my opinion, the best thing to come out of that show is that Paula Abdul made a booty call, but she denies that ever happened, so go figure.

I guess I'm missing the Idol gene.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Someone else who thinks this bunk is bunk.

Sheesh. I feel like a minority. Well, it's true that I often
feel like a minority, but "Idol" puts the stamp on it.

:-)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home