Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the playoff plot thickens

I'm running out of teams to get behind in the NFL playoffs. There is one obvious choice, and I find myself shying away from that just because it's so obvious..and maybe I ought to just give in and hope for the feel good story.

The remaining teams after all the attrition and carnage:

The Indianapolis Colts - just can't go there. There's no way I can root for the arch nemesis of my Jaguars. I have a lot of respect for Tony Dungy, but I can't like his team.

The New England Patriots - yawn, again? Been there, done that, and done that, and done that. Let someone else play. Given the other choice in the AFC though, I have no choice. I find myself pulling for Brady and the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl, by default.

Da Bears - tried so hard to give the game to the Seahawks, and failed...because the Seahawks tried harder. Face it Chicago, Seattle wanted it more. They're such givers. Da Bears, incompetence in motion, can't even lose right.

Then there is New Orleans - rising from the damp ashes of Katrina with the quarterback nobody wanted to take a chance on. New Orleans has a lot of ongoing problems and winning a Super Bowl won't solve them, but wouldn't ya like to see them win it, just to bring the spirits up of everyone who lives there....everyone who has endured decades of a losing Saints team and the devastation of Katrina? No it doesn't give you running water, but it would bring a smile to your face....for a little while anyway. I guess I ought to give in and just pull for these guys and the Hollywood ending that would ensue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home