Friday, January 19, 2007

Cotillion, part duex

Yeah, I threw the French in cuz we're gettin' all snooty now.

Tonight is the third in a series of Cotillion dances. The youngster had a blast at the first, but blew off the second because nobody else in his class was going, so he didn't want to go.

This one gets a bit more....uppity. It's a "formal" which means the boys must wear a shirt and tie. The youngster could actually wear a suit, because we bought him one this summer when we trekked north for the folks 50th anniversary. I think he can get by with just shirt and tie and in the youngster's world, it's all about getting by. To be honest, when it comes to playing dress up, I'm right there with him. I'm all about comfort. Once you get past t-shirt and shorts, the minimum required is as far as I want to go. Let's just say that "Are you wearing that?" is a popular phrase in out house whenever we have some function to go to, which usually results in a change of attire for moi. (Yes, more French.)

I figured that would be enough to scare him away from this outing...the whole 'formal' thing, but he's itchin' to go. He's itchin' to go, however, because this time, everyone from school is going. I don't know how uppity it really is, but I know there will be a photographer, because we got his price list and crap in the mail.

I just hope he has fun. The rest of it is what it is, but as long as he has a good time with it, I'll be happy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home