Monday, January 29, 2007

the will power kicks in

I guess I'm serious about this "get myself in shape" thing. The youngster is doing his part, constantly bugging me to go to the gym, and we are.

The best though was going to the grocery store yesterday. I do the grocery shopping in our house, usually over the weekend. I was going through the dairy section and there, with the Philadelphia Cream Cheese, was a new item. It was a tub, about ther size of a Cool Whip tub, with Philadelphia brand ready-to-eat cheesecake filling.

Oh

My

God

A friend of mine went to bike week down in Daytona one year. He came back and told me he saw the personification of sin, standing in the doorway of a bar in a leather thong. I'm thinking, Ms. Leather Thong has nothing on this tub.

Tt's so wrong on many levels. How do you pack that much fat and cholesterol and edible temptation in one little tub? Talk about what is probably my biggest weakness...cheesecake (yes already, the kind you eat...OK, OK already, the kind you bake and eat), and to just have a tub of the filling and a spoon??? I could take that tub and polish it off in one sitting and then look for more. I know I could.

But I passed it by. We're just not going there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home