Tuesday, May 08, 2007

my brother comes to town

My brother and sister-in-law come to town tomorrow for The Players.

They are huge Philadelphia Eagles fans. (I know, it's not quite like admitting he's working the gay bars, giving blow jobs for a quarter...until he runs out of money, but it's pretty close.) He has a conversion van....it's Eagle green. He sent a Christmas card with a family picture...they were all in Eagles jerseys. He lives in Eagles gear. My mom honestly doesn't know if he owns clothing that has no Eagles reference on it.

The last time they came down was for a Jaguar/Eagles game...and it was one of the worst days I ever spent with him. The Jaguars kicked butt. (In fact, the Eagles have never beaten the Jaguars.) We sat next to each other and as much as I wanted to yell and cheer and all that, I stifled myself because I didn't want to rub it in. My brother was in agony, and I couldn't celebrate. Although it was much better than a Jaguar loss, it wasn't exactly enjoyable.

This time, we can sit on the same side of the fence, so to speak. There are no conflicting interests. It's just us going to a golf tournament and having a good time. Not only that, but I get to play host and tour guide, because I actually know how to find everything at the tournament. We're going to have a blast.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home