Monday, June 04, 2007

trying to make up for lost time, and getting burned for it

Saturday was a washout - literally. This wasn't a bad thing. Tropical Storm Barry came through and dumped some much needed rain on us. The fact that I needed to do yard work and wanted to go bike riding didn't matter all too much. The youngster and I made the best of it, going to see Spidey 3 at the IMAX theater at the World Golf Village. Haven't seen the other two three-quels (Shrek and Pirates), but nobody I've talked to that has, had anything good to say about them. Spidey, though, two thumbs up.

Sunday, we went to church early, hoping to get everything done we didn't do Saturday. It was beautiful and sunny...not too hot. The youngster and I did the yard before noon, and right after that, I went riding....33 miles. Not 40, but I rationalized that yard work was a workout in itself, so 33 was plenty. Besides, the post tropical storm winds were pretty brutal when headed into them. Going downwind, of course, was a breeze. It wasn't until a few hours later that I started to feel it...and realized I spent a good three hours in the sun with no sunblock...and the time has come to pay.

I'm not all lobstered out, but my arms are red and pretty uncomfortable. I'll live, but there's another lesson learned. Riding for a few hours between 7:30 and 10:00 in the morning ain't the same as doing it at 1:00 in the afternoon, and while the long ride will start early, it will easily run into the afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home