Friday, August 31, 2007

in some twisted way, the planets must be aligned

...or maybe it was just that they were yesterday, and they might not be anymore, or maybe it's karma. Who knows.

Things just came together for a while. The fund raising effort reached $2,500 for the MS Bike Ride. I remember, when I agreed to ride, a thousand dollars seemed like it would be a stretch. Now I'm looking for ways to hit three thousand before it's all said and done. Yeah I'm amazed, and grateful, that we got this far. That doesn't mean it's time to stop though. The ride is still a month away.

Played golf last night, and actually played decent. I also had a very good partner, which helped a lot. He lost it a few times though, and when he did, I managed to pull us through. He's the one who put a couple approach shots inside five feet of the cup, which gave us a few birdies, but I made sure when he didn't do so well, our score didn't suffer too much. Bottom line, we won. It was the first time I won the employee golf thing in a few years...so ya gotta like that.

Now, the forecast for the weekend is rain...then some rain...and after that...rain. If it can just let up for a few hours tomorrow morning, so I can bike ride, karma will do just about everything I can ask for.

well no...there's some multi-state Mega Millions lottery thing that I gave someone money for. They road tripped to Georgia last night for our collective tickets. If we hit on that thing, then karma will be just about everything I can ask for. I'm not holding my breath on this one though.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

have a great weekend, J. Be safe. See ya next week. ;)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home