Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mandatory Parents Meeting, part deux

So, the wife and I, deciding that we were indeed Mandatory Parents, went to the Mandatory Parents Meeting. What torture!

It was pretty much about fund raising, and I knew that going in. I expected it....but well over two freaking hous of it, saying the same things over and over and over...and yes, over again. Then we had to acknowledge and thank everyone, and thank the people who thanked everyone for thanking them. Then they let these two women do this half-rehearsed skit for...I dunno...half an hour. It was old. It was boring. It was prison, because we couldn't leave. I at least stayed quiet. The din of conversation around me, fueled by boredom, kept growing and growing as these two women kept making it up as they went along. With the drive to and from, it was over three hours out of our Tuesday.

I understand the point of the meeting. I volunteered to help with the school golf tournament. I just think there have to be a lot of better ways to organize and run that kind of meeting that get the same results, keep it interesting and do it in half the time. Maybe that's where my volunteer effort should be going.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home