Thursday, August 16, 2007

High School jitters

Yesterday was the youngster's first day of high school, but it was kind-of like high school on training wheels. Only the freshmen were there. They got their lockers and walked through their classes, but no real work was done, or homework assigned. When I dropped him at the bus stop, there were only a handful of kids on it.

Today it's time to dive in the deep end of the pool. I dropped him at the bus stop and when it got there, it was fairly packed. His is the last stop before it heads to the school. Everyone will be there and real work starts happening. Needless to say, he's a little apprehensive. Most of that is just not knowing what to expect, but as he goes along, that'll disappear. For now though, I'm saying a little prayer.

Work...damn I hate the first day back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

You've been missed...and I bet you're swamped...everyone waiting for J to return and 'fix' things.

I really hope the youngster does well this year. High School can be tough.

The nephews start Aug 28, I think. Personally, I'm ready to send them back early.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home