Wednesday, August 08, 2007

baby it's hot outside

It's being a sorta relaxing vacation, with errands and biking thrown in.

I took care of my safe driving course to eliminate the points on my driving record from my little crunch a month ago, and have been doing a few things around the house. Mostly it's being just a breather from work, and I needed that. The youngster and I went to see Order of the Phoenix at the World Golf Village IMAX theater yesterday. I'm glad I waited for the initial rush to end. The theater wasn't crowded and it was a decent portrayal of the book. A few things were eliminated or outright changed in the name of time savings, but I've learned to accept that. I've finished The Deathly Hallows, but the youngster and I are reading it now. It'll probably be the last book I ever read to him like this...end of an era.

Biking...61 miles Saturday, 47 and a half Monday, and 51 this morning...and it's pretty darned hot out there by 10:00 when I'm rolling back to the house. This morning it was 82° when I left at a little after 7:00, and 90° when I got back around 10:00. All good training though...over 150 miles in 5 days. By September, I'm pretty sure I'll be set.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

It's really hot here. 104 F! I guess I shouln't have some many wicked thoughts during the summer. I forget how hot they get.

:P

Hope the vacation is going great! Relax and enjoy yourself. But I have to confess that I miss you.

shere

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home