Friday, August 17, 2007

not bleeding yet, so let's try again

Sometimes it feels like I'm continually slamming my head against a wall with this stubborn desire to learn how to bike ride in groups. Sometimes I sit back and look at it...and say...you people are just too serious for me. I don't need it.

Yet, tomorrow, I will try again. Again, it won't be the most advantageous situation. The MS Society is running a practice ride on the other side of J'ville, with three distance options...20, 40 and 52 miles. I will undoubtedly do the 52. I'm not driving all the way over there to do less. Also undoubtedly, I will end up riding with a group...just because we're all going the same direction at about the same speed. Again, it will be with a bunch of people I never rode with before.

True, I know more now about how the whole pace line thing works, so I'm better equipped to participate. It's not nearly as intimidating. Maybe the third time's a charm. If I give it a chance though, and start doing this regularly...for enjoyment and exercise...with a fairly consistent bunch of people that I get to know, I think it'll work for me in the long run. I think I'll start doing that eventually, and hopefully keep doing it long after this MS bike ride is over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home