Wednesday, August 29, 2007

we interrupt our regularly scheduled workout

I'm getting a tad frustrated. In a world where it's supposed to be all about me, I'm not getting to do the things I ought to be doing.

I usually work out 2 to 3 times a week, and bike Saturday morning. More often than not, that means two times, but I can occasionally work in a third. Last week I got to work out Monday, but that was it. I wanted to Wednesday, but we had to eat out because of an electrical issue in our kitchen. Thursday night was golf (which I had to play because I was running the employee golf show) and Friday we had company. This week I made it Monday, but tomorrow our MS Bike Team is having a bake sale. The wife and youngster have graciously offered to help me with that (because I am a walking kitchen disaster), but I can't exactly say, "OK, you guys got my bake sale thing handled. I'm off to work out." No, that wouldn't go over...so I won't work out tonight. Instead I will package fat pills, made by the wife and youngster, for sale at work. Tomorrow, again, I'm running employee golf, so I'll be playing...no real workout there. I hate working out the night before I ride, and I will ride Saturday morning...so, not Friday night either.

So many excuses....so little time. Next week though...I'm getting to the gym, dammit. Maybe I'm being selfish with my time, but I really fear letting everyting I've done in the way of getting healthy go down the tubes, and I have a major bike ride coming all too soon.

Yeah, as much as I may be getting prepared, it's still a bit scary.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

and this from the guy who, a year ago, was just barely thinking about working out on a regular basis. GO JOHN! I wish I had your drive.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home