Friday, August 24, 2007

and speaking of coming through in the clutch, where's Brady Quinn?

The Jaguars were involved in a preseason game last night in Green Bay. I hesitate to use the word "played" because altough the score says they won, I'm not sure they actually played the game.

I was so hoping Byron Leftwich would show up and play. I wanted him to silence the critics and stop worrying about the naysayersand go out and show us all why he's the starting quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars. He didn't even come close. Now the Jaguar Nation is calling for....David Garrard, who looked good last night, albeit against lesser talent. The thing is, I watched him play regular season games last year and I know...he isn't the answer either. I hate being a glass-half-empty guy and I keep hoping for a ray of sunchine. I'm finally to the point where I don't thing either of these guys are capabe of giving me that.

Why...oh why did we not draft Brady Quinn when we had the chance? He may not be the answer either, but if he was here, at least I'd have some hope. At least I could look to him and say, maybe we have an answer a few years from now. Maybe we'll have a competent quarterback someday. As it stands, I don't even have that.

If the first three preseason games are any indication, it's going to be a long season in J'ville. The future after that ain't lookin' so bright either.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home